Buy Textbooks Online
Click on the "Shop for Textbooks" button to view your booklist, shop and compare prices (first, please review the overview and terms and conditions below).
Textbook Price Comparison Tool
- Shop by your schedule. Just enter your Cornell NetID & the books for your registered classes will appear. Or, you can shop by course.
- Compare our prices alongside other merchants like Amazon & Half.com.
- View all of your textbook options: new, used, rental & ebooks.
- Decide which option is the best value for you.
- Choose the books you want from the merchants you want.
By clicking the Shop for Textbooks button, you acknowledge that you understand the overview and terms and conditions (below).
If purchasing or renting textbooks from The Cornell Store:
- The Cornell Store textbook prices include free in-store pickup.
- We’re sorry; shipping textbooks internationally is not possible.
- When creating an account during checkout, enter a ship-to address even if you want to pick-up in store. For convenience click the button "same as billing info" so that you can advance to the next screen. You can then select "in-store pickup."
- Payments accepted: Credit card, CornellCard, Cornell Store gift card.
- If you have an IClicker on your schedule for more than one class, you only need to purchase one IClicker.
- The site will indicate if a title is out of stock. We cannot accept backorders.
- If a course is not listed, we haven’t received a textbook order from the instructor.
- If you need to return any textbooks you buy online, you can return them by mail, or in-store.
If purchasing or renting from a merchant other than the Cornell Store:
- Textbook prices listed for each merchant include shipping estimates in the prices.
- Each merchant will have different payment methods, shipping options and returns policies.
- Upon checkout, you will be directed into each merchant’s online checkout processes.
- If you rent books from The CU Rental Affiliate, you may choose “Pick-up in store” under Shipping Information to have your books shipped to The Cornell Store. You will be notified when your books have arrived and are ready for pick up.
- If you rent books from the CU Affiliate Rental before January 17, be sure to set your start date to 1/20/14. This will not hold up your shipment or increase the cost of your rental, but it will make sure your return deadline is after the last day of exams.
Terms and Conditions:
The Cornell Store has attempted to compile as complete a list as possible from faculty members and to confirm availability from publishers. However please note:
- Prices may change without notice.
- Courses or books may be cancelled or added at any time, up to and including the first few weeks of the semester.
- The returns timeframe is limited. Read the returns policy.
- Students will not be compensated for books purchased from any other source utilizing the information on this website.
- Cornell NetID is required in order to purchase from this site.
- Remember to order your books carefully, and always keep your receipts.
- Booklists are a work product of Cornell University and are intended for students’ personal use only.